On Friday morning we woke up early, having had not much sleep and a million thoughts racing through my mind. They told us so much on Thursday about his needs, medications, etc that we were a little overwhelmed to be perfectly honest. We meet Magnolia, our translator here at the hotel at 9(who is answered prayer I must add). She was taking us to the pharmacy/grocery prior to getting Owen so we wouldn't have to worry afterwards. We walked a short distance but we were so nervous, particularly Chuck as we strolled along totally dressed up feeling like we stood out"just a little":) Anway, Magnolia advised us to wait on getting the Rx as she felt he may not have as severe reflux as they suggested among other things. So an hour later we get back to the hotel and leave at 10 for Chiquitines, the orphanage.
The traffic was good this morning so we got there 20 minutes early and it felt like the LONGEST 20min of my entire life! We sat in the waiting area and they took an outfit they ask me to bring to dress him in. They didn't think it would fit, however, it fit perfectly! As we waited nerves kicked in, we were ushered to Agatha, the Director's office to sign one last document which gave us all rights to Owen's care from that moment forward. After we signed we stood and waited less than 5 minutes as they brought him him. They were filming and taking pics of all of us and lots of tears.
As they brought him in I wanted to run and grab him but they brought him straight to me. I just remember clinging onto him and holding him for what felt like an eternity and time stood still for a moment. It was very surreal and I thought was he is so perfect. I later ask Addy what she first thought and she said..."he's so much cuter than I expected!" Chuck said his reaction was, he's too pretty to be a boy:! lol....it's the 2inch eyelashes and adorable dimples that just steal your heart.
I passed him over to Chuck and he just clung to him and then Addisyn wanted to hold him of course. That's the picture below. They did leave the room and give us about 15 minutes alone with him. It was priceless.
It's late now and both my babies are asleep and I'm one happy mama:) I will post more details tomorrow. Owen is doing fabulous and Addisyn is the best big sister ever! The third pic below is back at the hotel once he woke up. He's all smiles after naps and meals....hmmm...just like Chuck:)
I can't wait to hold him!!!!!! So thrilled for all of you! Tell Addi we miss her;)
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy for the FOUR of you! He is precious ! Addy looks like she is doing a great job being a big sis! I just love his smiles! Love, and prayers!
ReplyDeleteThe Mynhiers!
Love the family of 4 picture!! How amazing! He looks like such a little love, and Addi looks like an amazing big sister ;) Many congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI love every bit of it. So happy for each of you. Can't wait to hold the little guy!! Sounds like a beautiful experience! I agree with Chuck he is to pretty to be a boy!
ReplyDeleteWell apparently my first comment didn't go through last night :( Love all these pictures!! Can't wait to squeeze him!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Brought tears to my eyes. So happy for you and Chuck and Addy.
ReplyDeleteMelinda Kirby
Wow! So excited for all of you! Can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDelete