Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 13-15--Fun and Sun

The weather hasn't changed here in 15 days---it's amazing and sooo very unlike Kentucky where it can swing 25 degrees overnight! We have tried to take full advantage of it while we can and today was an example of that. Several families and us went to the local water park. The hotel drivers dropped us off around 10:30 and picked us up at 1:00. It was just what we all needed.

Yesterday, my friend Megan and her family from Chicago whom I met on facebook(gotta love that) arrived here at Hotel Pension. Their son is from Guatemala and Mason is five. Last night he and Addisyn and some of the other children played at the hotel pool and they both slowly warmed up to each other. I think they are going to be good buddies while we are here. Addisyn also had art time with Tomina, a 7 yr old girl from Norway. They can't converse, but amazingly children can always laugh in the same language:) I love little girl's giggles. Today at the pool they laughed and ran and splashed all day. It was refreshing for me to see.

Yesterday we also did a short hour and half tour of three spots in the city. We got some amazing views of the city but the shots weren't too good because it was a little hazy below. I did include a couple photos though.

Owen did great at the pool. We stayed in at the hotel Mon & Tues so it was good for even him to get out today. I think he was ready and he stayed awake the entire van ride as well as almost 2 hrs at the pool. He loved the water once he warmed up to it...just like his big sis in that regard. They are both sleeping now. He has been out for 3 hrs and Addy for almost 2...gotta love that as well:)

Addiysn did a water zip line and about scared me to death. I don't know where this dare devil little 6 yr old girl has come from but I kind of miss my timid Addisyn...at least I didn't have to worry on the sidelines and watch before. I am attaching a video because I know she will want everyone to see. Ignore me screaming "let go, let go"....if she didn't let go before it stopped it would flip her in the air and I did NOT want to witness that.

The one and only group photo we managed to get, of course he smiled once it was over!
Addisyn and Tomina, she is Colombian but adopted as an infant. She now lives in Norway.
One view of the city....
No words needed....
Another view....

6 comments:

  1. We are convinced that you all got the club med of adoption locations!! Enjoy! Laurel says to tell Addie she loves her and Owen that she only likes him since he is s boy (haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your screaming in the video! Looks like you guys had fun! You are right about her being a dare devil!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, where is timid Addy Roo! She is becoming more like her Uncle :) Love all the pics! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Michelle... looks like lots of fun!I'm glad to see that they have activities to keep you all entertained! We watched Addisyn's video at least a dozen times! She is SO brave! I too enjoyed hearing the mothering voice "LET GO.."! It is hard to see your kids doing these brave actions! Sending prayers for a smooth, safe, enjoyable rest of your trip! Love & Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell Addisyn that Audrey has said twice today "Mom, I miss Addisyn, when is she coming home?" That is, if it doesn't make her sad. Just thought she'd like to know she is missed by her classmates ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love reading your updates =) Makes me miss our time in Cali. Seeing that picture of the rubber tree made me smile. My boys climbed to the top of that tree! Praying things move right along for you, but soak up Colombia while you can....You'll be home 1½ years before you know it =)

    ReplyDelete