Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Officially "Paper Pregnant"!!

I thought I would've posted this months ago, but nonetheless I am thrilled to share we got our dossier approval on Friday, May 6th! For those of you who may have no idea what this means and why we are so excited considering there is still probably a year of waiting left, let me explain.

After laboring for 8+months we finally got all dossier required documents prepared, reviewed, translated, and routed to Colombia. It was then another 2 months before the orphanage received the documents and began reviewing which was Jan 2011. We had to re-do a couple of documents and routed those to Colombia 3/21/11 and have been waiting since then for official approval. Now that we have approval this means our dossier will be with other approved families that are available to be matched with a child. Up to this point, everything we've worked on was just sitting in a stack and not moving. Thus the reason approval is so big. Children are not placed based on chronological order, so you can wait 30 days....or 2 yrs to be matched...! The average wait we are being told most families wait after approval is 9 months....so much like a pregnancy.

I can finally allow myself to be excited, I can finally begin to realize this dream will become a reality not just a hope in my heart! Adoption is something I never thought I would experience and pregnancy is something I thought I would definitely experience. It is amazing how if we allow God to have HIS way, and not our own, He begins revealing a tapesty more amazing than our wildest imaginations! He has taught me how to trust, persevere, hope, love unconditionally, and believe all things are possilbe! I have so much more to learn and that's probably why He pushed me along to adopt this second time around. I hope you all enjoy sharing along this journey with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment